Cleveland Browns vs Pittsburgh Steelers Highlights
The Cleveland Browns vs Pittsburgh Steelers matchup is one of the most anticipated games in the NFL calendar. Both teams have a storied history and a fierce rivalry that dates back decades. Their matchups are always intense, with both teams bringing their A-game, making it a treat for both fans and bettors. The 2023 season is no exception, with both teams showcasing their strengths and aiming for a playoff spot.
- The rivalry between the Browns and the Steelers began in 1950 and has been one of the most intense in the NFL.
- Historically, the Steelers have had the upper hand in terms of wins, but the Browns have always been fierce competitors.
- Memorable games include the 2002 AFC Wild Card game where the Browns led by 17 points only for the Steelers to come back and win.
- Jim Brown – Often regarded as the greatest running back in NFL history, Brown played his entire career with the Browns.
- Otto Graham – A legendary quarterback, Graham led the Browns to multiple championships in the 1950s.
- Ozzie Newsome – One of the best tight ends in history, Newsome was a key player for the Browns in the 1980s.
- Terry Bradshaw – The quarterback who led the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories in the 1970s.
- Franco Harris – Known for the “Immaculate Reception”, Harris is one of the greatest running backs in NFL history.
- Mean Joe Greene – A dominant defensive tackle, Greene was the cornerstone of the Steelers’ “Steel Curtain” defense.
8 Fun Facts
- The Browns are named after their original coach, Paul Brown.
- The Steelers are the first NFL team to have six Super Bowl titles.
- The “Dawg Pound” is a section of the Browns’ stadium known for its rowdy and passionate fans.
- The Terrible Towel, waved by Steelers fans, was created by broadcaster Myron Cope.
- Both teams are part of the AFC North division, intensifying their rivalry.
- The Browns’ mascot, a bullmastiff named “Swagger”, leads the team onto the field for home games.
- The Steelers’ three hypocycloids logo is based on the Steelmark logo used by the American Iron and Steel Institute.
- Both teams have a rich history of Hall of Famers, with the Steelers boasting 21 and the Browns 17.
Cleveland Browns vs Pittsburgh Steelers Odds FAQs
How often do the Browns and Steelers play each other in a season?
They play each other twice a season as they are both in the AFC North division.
What’s the biggest point difference in a game between the two teams?
The biggest point difference was in 1989 when the Browns defeated the Steelers 51-0.
Have they ever met in the playoffs?
Yes, they’ve met in the playoffs several times, with the most memorable being the 2002 AFC Wild Card game.