New York Jets vs Dallas Cowboys Highlights
The New York Jets vs Dallas Cowboys matchup is always a spectacle to behold. With the Jets representing the AFC and the Cowboys from the NFC, their meetings are infrequent but always charged with excitement. Both teams have had their moments of glory, and when they face off, it’s a clash of styles, strategies, and histories. The 2023 matchup promises to be no different, with both teams showcasing their young talents and seasoned veterans in a bid for supremacy.
- The Jets and Cowboys have faced each other a limited number of times due to being in different conferences, making each encounter a rare treat for fans.
- Their first meeting was in 1971, with the Cowboys emerging victorious.
- Over the years, the Cowboys have had a slight edge in their head-to-head matchups, but the Jets have pulled off some memorable upsets.
New York Jets
- Joe Namath – The legendary quarterback who guaranteed and delivered a Super Bowl victory in Super Bowl III.
- Curtis Martin – One of the NFL’s top rushers, Martin’s consistency and durability made him a cornerstone for the Jets.
- Don Maynard – A Hall of Fame wide receiver who was Namath’s favorite target and a key player in the team’s early successes.
- Troy Aikman – The quarterback who led the Cowboys to three Super Bowl victories in the 1990s.
- Emmitt Smith – The NFL’s all-time leading rusher and a key figure in the Cowboys’ dynasty years.
- Michael Irvin – A charismatic wide receiver known as “The Playmaker,” Irvin was a crucial part of the Cowboys’ offensive juggernaut.
8 Fun Facts
- Joe Namath’s famous Super Bowl guarantee was not against the Cowboys, but many fans mistakenly believe it was due to both teams’ prominence in the era.
- The Cowboys are often referred to as “America’s Team,” a nickname they earned in the 1970s due to their widespread popularity.
- The Jets’ original name was the “New York Titans.”
- The Cowboys have a renowned cheerleading squad, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, known worldwide.
- Both teams have iconic stadiums: The Jets share MetLife Stadium with the Giants, while the Cowboys play at the AT&T Stadium, known for its massive jumbotron.
- Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin, both legendary running backs, never faced each other in a Jets vs. Cowboys game.
- The Cowboys have a star on their helmet, while the Jets’ logo features a football.
- Both teams have had famous coaches: Tom Landry for the Cowboys and Bill Parcells for both teams.
New York Jets vs Dallas Cowboys Odds FAQs
How often do the Jets and Cowboys play each other?
Due to being in different conferences, they meet infrequently, roughly once every four years in the regular season.
When was their first meeting?
The two teams first faced off in 1971.
Have they ever met in the Super Bowl?
No, the Jets and Cowboys have never clashed in a Super Bowl matchup.